Best video editing software is the most important part of marketing strategy. If you’re not using video marketing techniques already, you’re missing out. About 85% of marketers say that video helps them increase sales and 81% of marketers have gone so far as to use paid media to promote brands or services on social media platforms and users love video, too, with 54% of people wanting marketers to produce more video content and social media video generating as much as 1200% more shares than text and image content combined. As some marketers say,
Why do we need Best Video Editing Software as a Beginner?
As with any good video in order to get it right, it’ll need some edits. Editing your videos shouldn’t be that expensive either as there is some good, free, safe, and easy video editing software for professional video editing.
Video editing has been made easy by tools that are readily available. A lot of such freeware packages are harmful and contain spyware/adware. Nevertheless, there is a lot that is quite professional and there are even some that come without watermarks.
As there are so many on the market, we’ve put together a selection of the top 7 of the best free video editing software list.
List to top 7 video editing software for free
- Adobe Premiere Pro
- Wondershare Filmora
- open short
- Corel VideoStudio Pro
- Movavi Video Editor
- MAGIX Movie Edit Pro Premium 2021
1. Adobe Premiere Pro
Adobe Premiere Pro is the common choice for most video professionals but it also has a user-friendly interface making it the perfect choice for beginners. You can edit videos for a color grade, adjust video sound, and import graphics and special effects from other Adobe apps.
- Import footage from any file format you want
- Trim footage with precision in single click
- Add animation and video effects
- Manage your audio editing and sound effects
- Adjust color grading and cinematics
2. Wondershare Filmora
Wondershare Filmora, as the name goes, offers many wonders. It’s a very easy video editing software where you can produce great-quality videos free of cost.
Whether you’re on a Mac or Windows, this video editing software works smoothly. You can import files from your gadget, memory card, or hard drive all at once. After that, the possibilities are endless.
From full-length films to short ads, Filmora’s toolsets are more than enough. Using a linear video editing style, you can simply arrange your clips in a sequence and add one-click visual enhancements. That’s what makes it an easy-to-use video editing software.
- Import footages from any file formate
- You have hundreds of transitions to choose from
- Its background sound removal is the key to a clearer sound for your video
- It comes with a 30-day free trial! Here are your options
- Subscription Plan – $44.99 per year
- Perpetual Plan – $69.99 one-time fee
- downloadable free version that lets you edit 10 videos without a Filmora watermark.
3. open short
OpenShot’s easy-to-use user interface makes it a great video editing program for intermediate editors. While more complex tools may offer more editing components, OpenShot’s intuitive interface and minimal design are perfect for simple editing.
It doesn’t have a huge array of editing features, but it’s a perfect option for beginners to use for basic editing. OpenShot is useful for Resizing, Trimming, Scaling, Snapping, and Rotation. In addition, you’ll find features like scrolling credits, time mapping, audio editing, frame stepping, and real-time preview.
- Drag-and-drop functionality
- Video effects like Greenscreen, Hue, Brightness etc
- Unlimited layers for audio tracks, background and videos
- Keyframe animation capabilities
Let’s Talk about the best video editing, minus the editing. Sounds ridiculous, but we’re dead serious! Lumen5 is the easiest video editor for brand videos, ads, campaigns, and anything in between.
It’s a web-based platform with a bunch of online editing features. Its text-to-video feature simply works like magic. If you have written content and you want to make that into a video, you can just insert the link and the digital video creator will give you a storyboard. Visuals, music, transitions, and all.
- Artificial intelligence to create videos quickly and easily
- Searchable library with millions of free media files and templates
- Customize your videos to match the look and feel of your services or brand
- Optimize every video to improve conversion rates
5. Corel VideoStudio Pro
Like how the technology works, Corel is in a constant state of development. And in the video editing world, the latest version of VideoStudio Pro offers vision mixing features that will satisfy editing newcomers.
- Quick Imports can be done via hard drive
- Basic corrections are done in a few clicks
- This panel gives you 150+ transitions and animations
- VideoStudio’s Smart Slideshow Creator
- Highlight Reel takes the center stage here
- Capture, Edit, and Share. Switching between these panels
6. Movavi Video Editor
Movavi is a great video editing software for beginners. It includes drag-and-drop controls, audio editing, transitions, filters, and you can export to popular video formats or share directly from the software. Movavi also gives users the ability to cut and splice videos, create customized titles, and sync sound to images.
- Drag-and-drop functionality
- Built-in intros, videos, backgrounds and music
- Filters, transitions, titles and effects
- Keyframe animation of titles, overlay video, stickers etc
7. MAGIX Movie Edit Pro
If are a PC user, then you’re probably searching for the easiest video editing software other than the very basic Windows Movie Maker. In that case, we have a great match. Feature and performance-wise, the best option would be MAGIX Movie Edit Pro Premium 2021.
From the get-go, the clean and straightforward interface won’t make you feel out of place. It’s quite similar to the Premiere Pro workspace, but this is much easier than other editing software. You get multiple tracks for inserting video, audio, and graphic blocks that are easy to manipulate.
- Get multiple tracks for inserting video, audio, and graphic
- Import your media with a drag-and-drop setting
- Export your project up to the highest 8K Ultra HD quality
- Its Multicam editing also lets you connect your camera
- Three packages to choose from:
- Pro – $69.99
- Plus – $99.99
- Premium – $129.99
- Downloadable free version you can use for 30 days
Choose the Best Video Editing Software for Beginners
There you have it! The 7 best video edit software for beginners that we’re loving right now. Many of these tools offer free trials, so you can test them out and find the tool that works best for you. Each video editing software we’ve listed here has its own pros and cons, but you’re the best judge of what features you absolutely need and which ones you can live without. When choosing the best video editing software, though, there are a few things that must consider.
For beginners to purchase bets video editing software may be quite difficult, you’ll definitely want to find software that is either free or offers a free trial so you can take the time to get to know the software and use it to edit a video or two before you commit.
Integrations and Platforms:
The platforms you’re going to use to edit your videos will dictate the video editing software you can use, to a degree. Some of the tools on this list are available across platforms but a few of them are available only for specific platforms (such as iMovie for Mac) or devices.
When we are looking for the best video editing software for beginners, you’ll want to choose software that has a user-friendly interface and have some free trials with a little-to-no learning curve.
Think about the features that you need for your video editing projects. It helps to make a list of the features you absolutely need, features that would be nice to have, and features you don’t really need. Armed with this information.